Design By Nature - www.wildflowers.ie
internet rules and code of practice.
Mr. Sandro Cafolla. t/a Design By Nature - Irish Wildflowers.
DBN (Ire) abides by international rules for proper website, our aim is not to collect data other than internal business use, in no way or under any circumstances will third parties have access to your information.
DBN uses Google analytical and Advertising, records of site visits are kept, but no personal data is stored or distributed.
The Internet is by nature distributed and unregulated. While this represents its greatest asset, it also eliminates many of the tangible cues to a merchant's credibility, which are present in the physical world. In the spirit of replacing these lost "consumer comfort factors" without the need for further governmental intervention, we voluntarily commit to follow this Universal Standard of Ethics when transacting business on the Internet.
As reputable members of the global Internet commerce community, Design By Nature (Ire) hereby agrees:
Section I : Ethics
To deliver what we promise and promise only what we can deliver.
To deal honestly and fairly with customers.
To accurately represent who we are and what we do, especially as Native species suppliers.. To fulfill all warranty claims within a reasonable period of time.
To avoid abusive or degrading material.
Section II : Complaints
To promptly respond to all customer complaints. to employ our best efforts to fairly resolve all legitimate complaints in a timely fashion.
Section III : Advertising
To ensure to the best of our ability that no documents containing false statements are distributed on-line. To include appropriate meta-tags in our web site to assure content-disclosure. to promptly substantiate any statements or advertised claims upon request. To employ the greatest of care, consideration, and courtesy when undertaking unsolicited electronic advertising.
Section IV : Disclosure
To disclose basic features and benefits of a product, service or contract in language that is easily understood by the consumer. to disclose all terms, conditions, financial and contractual obligations applicable to the transaction including warranties, returns and refunds.
To provide consumers with access to financial records of their transactions.
To disclose the price, type of currency and all fees, surcharges, and postage or shipping costs associated with a particular transaction.
To disclose availability of goods and services, timing of billing, and realistic shipping expectations.
Section V : Adherence to laws
To abide by all laws of any Irish or E.U. body which has governing jurisdiction in the locale in which our business is registered.
Section VI : Privacy
1. Balancing the goals of your individual web site with consumer anxiety over sharing personal information online,
2. Posting notice and disclosure of practices regarding collection and use of personal information (data which can be used to identify, contact, or locate a person). DBN has a database of inquiries and customers since 1990. names are deleted as are emails addresses and contact numbers, only the geographical location and site sowing details are kept and may be passed on to the national botanic gardens for botanical reference only, to show where our native wildflowers were sown.
3. Giving users choice and consent over how their personal information is used and shared,
4. Employing appropriate data security, quality, and access measures to safeguard, update, and correct personal information
5. Disclosing whether the server used is secure and, if not, undertaking prudent accepted measures to minimize any risk of fraud resulting from credit card number transfer, if such online submission occur.
You can browse this site with cookies off.
DBN does not monitor cookies, except that which is delivered by Google analytics, However to enable us to make the Site available and to monitor and improve the Site, we may gather certain information about you, This may include details of your operating system, browser version, domain name and IP address.
this data is generated by Google analytics and adwords.
do not look at this data from an individual point of view, nor do we store it on
our computers, If we have to monitor the details of the web site you linked from to the Site, these details are not stored.
DBN (Ire) is a Registered Business (in Ireland).
DBN (Ire) within the context of this privacy statement means Design By Nature will abide by Irish or E.U. law.
The information you provide
DBN (Ire) does not capture, process and store any sensitive information about individuals who access this Web site, except where you have provided your personal details as part of an application process or enquiry
or sales order, re ordering wildflower seeds.
The personal details you supply to DBN (Ire), such as your title, name and address and email, will be held for internal processing, internal research purposes,
We rarely if ever email, mail, phone, fax or otherwise you, with information about the work of DBN (Ire).
Bar invoicing details kept for 6 years for Revenue purposes, and if they
request, we will share that data with revenue, as we understand it is our
Otherwise, Your details will be used only by DBN (Ire) and will not be made available to any Third Party other than the national botanic Gardens,
where your personal name and contact have been stripped out. You will be given the opportunity to request that we do not keep your details. and
to request the information we hold on you.
If you are under 14 you should ask permission of a parent or guardian before sending personal or sensitive information to anyone on line.
- At the time when we collect information about
individuals, are they made aware of the uses for that information
- We do not make any disclosures of your data to
- We do not obtain people’s consent for any
secondary uses of their personal data, as we do not share it, except if
requested by revenue.
- We describe our data-collection practices as
open, transparent and up-front.
- We clear about the purpose (or purposes) for
which we keep personal information, for guarantee and sales information
- Individuals on our database have been advised
about this on the form
- We have emailed this intention with the Data
- Responsibility been assigned for maintaining a
list of all data sets and the purpose associated with each by owner Sandro
Use and disclosure of information
- The rules about disclosure of information, is
we do not, unless required by law
- All staff are aware of this rule.
- There is basic password security provisions in
place for each data set
- Sandro Cafolla Is someone responsible for the
development and review of these provisions
- These provisions are appropriate to the
sensitivity of the personal data we keep, as the data is wholly non
sensitive other than name and address.
- Our computers and our databases
password-protected, but not encrypted.
- Our computers, servers, and files are securely
locked away from unauthorised people
Adequate, relevant and not excessive
Accurate and up-to-date
- We only collect basic information, that we
need to serve our purpose effectively, and to deal with individuals in a
fair and comprehensive manner.
- Have we checked/asked the Office of Data
Protection Commissioners to make sure that all the information we collect is
relevant, and not excessive, for our specified purpose.
- If an individual asked us to justify every
piece of information we hold about him or her, we could.
- A basic policy exists in this regard
- We Do Not check our data for accuracy
as its non personal.
- We know how much of our personal data is
time-sensitive, i.e. likely to become inaccurate over time unless it is
updated, so we delete your name, address and contact details and only keep
growing information about your site details
- We Do Not take steps to ensure
our databases are kept up-to-date, as we do not contact customers again,
- There a clear statement on how long items of
information are to be retained. from 3 to 5 years for customer guarantees, 6
years for revenue purposes, re invoices and 12 months for enquiries
- We monitor any legal requirements on us to
retain data for a certain period.
- We once yearly purge our databases of data
which we no longer need, such as data relating to former customers or staff
- We have an annual policy on deleting personal
data as soon as the purpose for which we obtained the data has been
Rule 8: The Right of Access
- Sandro Cafolla is the named individual
responsible for handling access requests
- There is a simple ASAP procedures in place for
dealing with such requests
- I believe these procedures guarantee
compliance with the Act's requirements
- Due to the nature of our business, we do not
need to be registered with the Data Protection Commissioner
Training & Education
- Our staff aware of their data protection
responsibilities - including the need for confidentiality
- Data protection is included as part of the
training for our staff
Co-ordination and Compliance
- Our data protection coordinator and compliance
person is Mr Sandro Cafolla
- All staff aware of his or her role
- Basic mechanisms in place for formal review by
the co-ordinator of data protection activities within our organisation
Emails and Security of e-mails
No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore DBN (Ire) cannot guarantee that personal or sensitive information remains confidential during transmission over the Internet.
All e-mails sent to DBN (Ire) will be monitored and checked to ensure our systems operate effectively. We will reject any emails that we feel contain suspicious data or attachment.
DBN uses 'Spam' filters and has employed the services of two independent firm to Bounce, mark for deletion and reject or blacklist any email who's subject is not about this site, whose return email appears to be of no interest or is unsolicited.
We use Mailwasher pro security.
The Data Protection Act allows you to have access to information DBN (Ire) holds about you and, where appropriate to have it corrected or deleted and a small administration fee may be charged of Eur10 when providing information. Please address all your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org re: DBN Data Protection
DBN (Ire) Website Terms and Conditions
Access to and use of this website is provided by DBN (Ire) subject to the terms and conditions herein:
Although every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that the information on this website is accurate at the time of publication, visitors who use this website and rely on any information do so at their own risk.
DBN (Ire) does not warrant its accuracy and disclaims any liability to any third party anywhere in the world for any injury, damage, loss or inconvenience arising as a consequence of any use of or the inability to use any information on this website to the fullest extent permitted at law.
Links to/or from DBN (Ire)) http://www.wildflowers.ie Website
DBN (Ire) cannot take any responsibility and makes no warranties, representations or undertakings about the content of any other website accessed by hypertext link and links should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. DBN (Ire) has no control over the availability of the linked pages
see : Copyright All materials
All materials (including without limitation all articles, text, images, logos etc.) are the sole Copyright ©
2012 DBN (Ire) unless identified otherwise.
Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any license by DBN (Ire) to use any material displayed.
Permission to reproduce any material on this website must be obtained from the copyright holder concerned.
DBN (Ire) endeavors to ensure that the information on this website is correct but does not accept any liability for error or omission.
Any questions regarding this website should be sent to email@example.com
These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of E.U. and the Republic Ireland and any disputes arising hereunder shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of The republic of Ireland.
Index - Legal aspects of our business, this web site, terms and conditions and copyright...
Copyright- All Materials
Product Warning- Wildflowers products may contain dangerous plants